Grade Five Projects
(*Please note vocabulary and terms associated with goals for learning in each lesson)
Tessellating Name Designs
* Precision folding, tracing, flipping, rotating, tessellation, positive/ negative shapes, and color.
Observational Watercolor Apples
* Observation, shape, drawing, color mixing neutrals with compliments and dry brush watercolor techniques.
Beautiful Watercolor Pencil Birds inspired by John James Audubon
* John James Audubon, obsession, detail, natural habitat, drawing, and watercolor
Holiday Cards for the Brewster Council on Aging
* citizenship, community involvement and caring.
Woven Abstract Watercolor Prints
* printmaking, organic lines, weaving, warp and weft.
Elliptical Container Design
* ellipse, shape, light source, and shading.
Acrylic and Cray Pas "Banyan Trees"
* Banyan Tree, rule of thirds, negative space, analogous colors, color blending, and reflection.
Model Magic Clay Roses on Recycled CD's
* Sculpture, form, creating acrylic tints and recycle by displaying on old CD's.
Complimentary Color Studies
* Complimentary color combinations, limited color scheme and mixing neutrals.
Earthenware Clay Owls
* Slab construction, template, scoring, slip, texture, greenware, fire, kiln, bisque ware, glaze and glaze ware.
8 Pointed Origami Stars
* Origami, kite fold and radial symmetry.
Provincetown White Line Prints
* Local art history, relief printing, plate, closed shapes, registration, print,
series, and how to sign a print series.
Optical Illusion Art