Grade Four Projects
(*Please note vocabulary and terms associated with the goals for learning in each lesson)
"Surfin" in the USA
*Graphic design, bilateral symmetry, multi-media and collage.
Cray Pas and Watercolor Fish inspired by Paul Klee
*Paul Klee, oil crayon & watercolor resist, mysterious and symbols.
Negative and Positive Pumpkins
* Bilateral symmetry, contrast, negative vs. positive shapes.
Breathtaking Autumn Landscapes with Glue,Pastel and Torn Paper Stencils
* Properties of materials, drawing with glue, stencil, and blending pastels.
Watercolor Autumn Landscapes
*Foreground, middle ground, background, dry brush water color.
Mexican Tin Art
*Mexican Culture, folk art, and embossing into metal.
Exquisite Multi-Media Deciduous Tree Life Cycles
* Deciduous, life cycle, multi-media, masking out, watercolor techniques of saran wrap crinkle, salt sprinkle, sponging & dry brush, collage and embellish.
Complimentary Color Studies
* Complimentary color combinations, folding a grid, open letters, and alternating colors.
* Earth Day, Rainforest importance for the atmosphere, biodiversity, line, shape, color, texture, pattern, drawing, painting, and collage with hand-made papers.
Crazy Quilts inspired by Gustav Klimt
Scratch Art Moon Journal Covers
Asian Kimono's with Sumi-e Bamboo Painting
All Eyes on the Pond
Scherenschnitte Butterflies and Moths
Optical Illusion Art
Warm and Cool Flower Designs