Welcome to AP Biology!
AP Biology will be a very challenging, yet rewarding course. This class will require time management and organizational skills from everyone. The AP Biology course is equivalent to a college introductory biology course taken by biology majors during their first year. What does this mean? We will be covering, on average, a chapter a week (sometimes more, yes, most likely more) out of a college-level textbook for the entire year. The end result will be a much deeper knowledge of biology and (hopefully) an excellent score on the AP Biology exam.
- Natural Selection
- Chemistry of Life
- Cell Structure and Function
- Cellular Energetics
- Cellular Communication and Cell Cycle
- Gene Expression and Regulation
- Descriptive Statistics (throughout the course)
AP Exam Format
- 60 Multiple Choice (90 minutes)
- 6 Free Response Questions: 2 Long, 4 Short (90 minutes)